Q Radio News/PA
A man arrested on Saturday over shots being fired at a republican commemoration in Derry/Londonderry has been released.
The 30-year-old was questioned under terrorism legislation in connection with events in Galliagh on August 20th.
Police say the incident remains under investigation.
The PSNI had previously said a number of items were seized when a house was searched during the arrest operation.
UPDATE, PSNI:
— Q Radio News (@qnewsdesk) August 29, 2021
A 30-year-old man arrested yesterday by detectives investigating an incident in the Galliagh area of Derry/Londonderry on Friday 20 August has been released following questioning. The incident remains under investigation.
Detective Inspector McKenna said: “A number of items were seized and a 30-year-old man was arrested under the Terrorism Act.”
He had been taken to the Serious Crime Suite at Musgrave police station for questioning
Footage that circulated widely on social media showed two masked men firing shots in front of a mural of INLA hunger striker Michael Devine
The incident was heavily criticised by the unionist community, which called for a full investigation.
Family pay tribute to ‘like a light’ Jimmy Cricket ahead of his funeral
Man in his 60s dies after fire in Londonderry flat
Robbie Butler named Stormont health minister
Police probe report of shots fired at house in Lisburn
Death of former All-Ireland winner in road crash ‘heart-breaking’
Comments
Add a comment