By Michelle Devane (PA)
Detectives investigating the murder of Ryan McNab in Co Antrim have been given more time to interview a man arrested on suspicion of murder.
Mr McNab, 31, from north Belfast was killed in an attack on Friday evening in the Rathcoole area of Newtownabbey.
Police said they received a report shortly after 8.15pm on Friday evening of a serious assault at an address in the Barna Square area.
Despite received medical treatment, Mr McNab died from his injuries at the scene.
A murder investigation was launched following his death.
A 24-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder.
Police said they had been granted an extension for the detention of the man until 11.30pm on Sunday.
On Saturday the police said they were aware of footage from the scene was being circulated and asked people not to share it out of respect for the family.
Anyone with any information that could assist detectives are asked to contact the PSNI

Two PSNI officers injured as car rammed in Co Down
Two men charged in connection with death of man in Belfast
Sex offences cases against Jeffrey Donaldson and his wife ‘to run together’
King and Queen tour parts of Titanic Quarter during Northern Ireland visit
Comments
Add a comment