Q Radio News
A family has made a desperate plea for support after a boy from Belfast was hit by a car on holiday.
16-year-old Jay Hamill lies in a Spanish hospital nine days after the accident.
He needs a neck brace, having sustained significant injuries in Salou.
The holiday insurance company won't cover the £19,500 needed for an air ambulance to take him back to a Belfast hospital.
He'd been drinking an alco-pop when the incident happened and the company says it can't cover his insurance due to underage drinking.
Brother Ryan's told Q Radio they need to find the money as soon as possible as his parents wait by his bedside.
People living in north Belfast say they'll do 'whatever it takes' to get Jay home as soon as possible for treatment.
A Justgiving page has been set up which you can access via the link below.
So far, almost £9,000 has been raised.
Family in desperate plea to bring badly injured boy back to Belfast. More on air throughout the morning and https://t.co/boX2EdCtC7 #BringJayHome pic.twitter.com/2iGAjyfTa8
— Q Radio News (@qnewsdesk) July 2, 2018
Family pay tribute to ‘like a light’ Jimmy Cricket ahead of his funeral
Man in his 60s dies after fire in Londonderry flat
Robbie Butler named Stormont health minister
Police probe report of shots fired at house in Lisburn
Death of former All-Ireland winner in road crash ‘heart-breaking’
Comments
Add a comment