Q Newsdesk
A government department has agreed to resume its services to an estate in Derry-Londonderry after temporarily suspending them.
The Department for Infrastructure previously said it was withdrawing from the Creggan estate after an 'incident' involving a member of staff.
The worker was allegedly threatened on Thursday.
SDLP MLA Mark Durkan has welcomed the decision to resume normal services:
The @SDLPlive Mark H Durkan says the threat against the Department of Infrastructure worker in Creggan #Derry has been lifted.
— Leona O'Neill (@LeonaONeill1) 5 January 2019
A worker conducting a survey on roads had been told that he had five minutes to get out of the area.
Mr Durkan hopes that DFI services will resume soon pic.twitter.com/FLHPyn0jVi
Sinn Féin Councillor Kevin Campbell said:
“I welcomed the news that Roads service have confirmed they are satisfied there is no ongoing threat and services will be resumed.
“Obviously the restoration of services is to be welcomed but this threat should never have been issued in the first place and the people of Creggan should not have had to deal with the withdrawal of key services as a result.”
Search operation under way after reports of man going overboard from ferry
Sentencing Bill, including Charlotte’s Law, to be introduced shortly: Naomi Long
Man dies following crash between car and van in Hillsborough
Woman dies in Cookstown road crash
Extra £400m to support health and education in Northern Ireland