Crusaders against Glenavon Danske Bank Premiership match called off

You are viewing content from Q Tyrone and Fermanagh 101.2. Would you like to make this your preferred location?
Christy Manzinga scores Linfield's winner

Q Radio Sport

Wednesday's scheduled Danske Bank Premiership match at Seaview has been postponed. 

NIFL says Crusaders and Glenavon have agreed to the move, but has given no other details.

The Crues previously had a number of fixtures called off due to Covid. 

Coleraine against Glentoran is still on at the moment. 

Linfield reclaimed top spot on Tuesday night by beating Ballymena 1-0.

It took a late goal from Christy Manzinga to secure victory at Windsor Park.

The striker had to go off injured a short time later. 

Meanwhile, the basement battle between Dungannon and 10-man Warrenpoint ended 2-2.

Alan O'Sullivan grabbed a last-gasp equaliser for the visitors after skipper Gavin Peers was sent off.

Match reports below.


A Christy Manzinga goal in the second half helped Linfield defeat Ballymena United at Windsor and move the Blues up to the top of the table.

Manzinga bagged what proved to be the only goal of the game on 77 minutes after latching onto Trai Hume's through ball to calmly lift his finish over United keeper Jordan Williamson.

Linfield applied some pressure during the opening exchanges with Matthew Clarke testing Williamson with a low cross while Manzinga flashed an effort just wide from outside the box.

Martin Donnelly then had a go from 20 yards after being picked out by Ahmed Salam before only a timely Steven McCullough tackle thwarted Trai Hume. Then, right on the stroke of half-time, Williamson saved at close range to keep out another Manzinga attempt.

Ballymena had their chances too, most notably just after the half-hour mark when Kenny Kane ran onto a through ball only for his final touch to let him down.

The visitors came storming out of the blocks after the break, almost going in front within 30 seconds of the restart when Paul McElroy was blocked on the line by Hume.

Then, five minutes after that, the woodwork came to Linfield's rescue after Kane smashed a left-foot long range strike off the post after David Parkhouse had crossed from the right.

Linfield upped the tempo after that. Manzinga was blocked again by the visiting defence, Clarke sliced a shot over from Kyle McClean's right-wing cross, Salam saw a volley superbly saved by Williamson who followed that up with another stop from Clarke.

It was no surprise, then, when Manzinga did dink the ball past Williamson with less than a quarter-of-an-hour to go.

Ballymena did have a couple of chances to find the equaliser late on but Ryan Waide could only send a free-kick straight at wall while, deep into stoppage time, Brendan Barr fired over.

Linfield: Johns, Newberry, Shields, Callacher, Hume, Manzinga, Stewart, M. Clarke, McClean, Donnelly, Salam subs Walsh (not used), Roscoe-Byrne (not used), Mulgrew (replaced Donnelly 68), A. Clarke (replaced Manzinga 79), Palmer (replaced McClean 68), Carroll (not used), Archer (not used)

Ballymena United: Williamson, Redman, Wilson, McElroy, McCullough, Kane, Rodgers, Barr, McGrory, Parkhouse, Millar subs Johnston (not used), Chapman (not used), Waide (replaced Kane 78), Henderson (not used), Bramall (replaced McGrory 89), Graham (replaced Rodgers 78), Smith (not used)

Christy Manzinga strikes - but was then forced off with an injury


An Alan O'Sullivan finish late in the game earned ten-man Warrenpoint Town a share of the spoils from their trip to Stangmore Park to take on Dungannon Swifts.

With the sides occupying the bottom two spots going into the game it was always going to be an important encounter, and the Swifts made home advantage count with just ten minutes on the clock when Ben Gallagher buried a header into the bottom right corner after Rhyss Campbell had delivered the crucial ball.

'Point levelled after half-an-hour. Steven Ball did well to send over a cross from the left for Greg Moorhouse to rush in at the far post to head the equaliser past Michael Quinn.

The visitors were reduced to ten men on 65 minutes when skipper Gavin Peers was given his marching orders by referee Tim Marshall for a challenge on Darragh McBrien.

And Dungannon made the most of their extra man ten minutes after that courtesy of Adam Glenny's back post finish after McBrien had played the ball into the box from the left.

But, just as it looked like Dean Shiels' side were going to collect a valuable three points, up popped O'Sullivan at the near post from close range to turn home Ball's low cross.

Dungannon Swifts: Quinn, Coyle, Cowan, Knowles, Campbell, Gallagher, C. McGinty, S. McGinty, McBrien, Glenny, McGee subs Groogan (not used), Glynn (not used), McAleer (not used), Devlin (replaced Coyle 60), Conway (not used), Odhran Smyth (not used), Convie (not used)

Warrenpoint Town: Mitchell, Deasy, Ball, Peers, Dillon, O'Sullivan, Gallagher, Wade Slater, Moorhouse, Maguire, Leddy subs McCaffrey (not used), Mullen (not used), McMullan (not used), Shotayo (not used), McEnteggart (not used), Lennon (not used)

Alan O'Sullivan - late equaliser for 10-man Warrenpoint in the basement battle at Dungannon 


More from Q Radio Local Sport

Join the Thank Q Club

Sign up for the Thank Q Club and receive exclusive offers, fun competitions and amazing prizes - it's quick and easy to do!

Sign Up Log In

Listen on the go

Download the Q Radio app to keep listening, wherever you are! It's available on Apple and Android devices.

Download from the App Store Download from Google Play