Gráinne Ní Aodha (PA)
Police investigating the whereabouts of a missing 75-year-old man have recovered a body in the Dunluce Castle area of Portrush, Co Antrim.
Ivor Jones was last seen in the Old Mill Grange area of Portstewart on Wednesday.
Police said that they and the family of Mr Jones were concerned for his welfare.
Earlier on Thursday evening, police said there was an “ongoing incident” at Dunluce Castle and advised motorists to seek alternative main routes for their journey.
It was later confirmed that a body was recovered from the area.
A post-mortem examination will be carried out to determine the cause of death, police said.

75-year-old Ivor Jones had been missing since Wednesday
Two PSNI officers injured as car rammed in Co Down
Two men charged in connection with death of man in Belfast
Sex offences cases against Jeffrey Donaldson and his wife ‘to run together’
King and Queen tour parts of Titanic Quarter during Northern Ireland visit
Comments
Add a comment