By Q Radio News
Expectant mothers in Northern Ireland will no longer have to attend baby scans on their own, the Health Minister has revealed.
Robin Swann made the announcement while giving evidence at the Stormont Health Committee today.
Previously, visitors had been banned in hospitals and care homes during March in order to contain the spread of Coronavirus.
🎥 Health Minister @RobinSwannMoH has said couples can now attend baby scans together.
— Q Radio News (@qnewsdesk) June 30, 2020
Previously, because of COVID-19 restrictions, no visitors were allowed at scans.
MLA @ColinSDLP has been campaigning for the change and has welcomed today’s news. pic.twitter.com/xbYAP7M3Lq
MLA Colin McGrath has been campaigning for the change and says it's welcomed the news:
Family pay tribute to ‘like a light’ Jimmy Cricket ahead of his funeral
Man in his 60s dies after fire in Londonderry flat
Robbie Butler named Stormont health minister
Police probe report of shots fired at house in Lisburn
Death of former All-Ireland winner in road crash ‘heart-breaking’
Comments
Add a comment