By David Hunter
A man has been shot a number of times in Dublin in an attack being linked to a gangland feud.
The victim, aged in his 20s, was gunned down at a filling station on Clonshaugh Road, near Ballymun, at around 1.35pm on Wednesday.
It is understood he was well known to the Hutch family, who have been locked in a murderous row with the Kinahan crime cartel.
It is thought the victim is critically ill from a number of gunshot wounds.
Emergency services are at the scene and the man has been taken to hospital.
Investigating gardai say a black car was seen leaving the area after the shooting.
They are appealing for witnesses to come forward.
Crime Correspondent with the Irish Daily Star, Michael O'Toole, says it appears to be linked to the Kinahan-Hutch gang feud.
He said:"The man is not a member of the hutch family, he would be a very close associate to members of the family.
"He would have been a long term target for the Kinihan gang since this feud erupted in February 2016.
"We know for example he survived a another murder bid earlier this year."
Police probe report of shots fired at house in Lisburn
Death of former All-Ireland winner in road crash ‘heart-breaking’
Staff threatened and abused following shooting of cows, minister says
Tulip Festival Returns to Glenarm Castle with Northern Ireland’s First-Ever Squishmallows Experience
Business Beats Cancer Belfast Raises an Incredible £50,000 for Cancer Research UK
Comments
Add a comment