By Rebecca Black (PA)
A man has been charged by police after a stabbing in south Armagh.
The 44-year-old is to appear at Newry Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday after the incident in Crossmaglen at the weekend.
He has been charged with attempted murder and possession of an offensive weapon in a public place.
It comes after a man in his 40s was treated in hospital following the incident in a licensed premises on Sunday evening, according to police.
A police spokesperson said officers received a report that a man had been stabbed at around 9.20pm in the Concession Road area.
“The man, aged in his 40s, suffered deep lacerations to his hand and a number of more superficial wounds to his head and neck.
“He attended hospital for treatment.”
Police appealed for witnesses to come forward.
“We know a number of people were present at the time of this shocking attack, and several of them bravely restrained the perpetrator,” they said.
“We would appeal to them to come forward to police to assist with our investigation.”


Springhill families accuse Government of ‘silence’ over inquest findings
Police appeal following Omagh road death
Former UUP leader insists he is focused on reselection for Assembly poll
NI First Minister excited by ‘seismic political shift’ across UK
Comments
Add a comment