First Celebrities announced for Strictly
This year's series of the show has been delayed until October and will have a limited run of nine weeks rather than 12, due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Caroline Quentin is the first celebrity confirmed for this year's 'Strictly Come Dancing', as she says she's "thrilled and terrified" about appearing on the show.
Caroline Quentin is the first celebrity confirmed for this year's 'Strictly Come Dancing'.
The 60-year-old actress and broadcaster will compete in the upcoming series of the BBC Latin and ballroom dance competition, after she became the very first celebrity confirmed for the series during Tuesday's (01.09.20) episode of 'The One Show'.
Speaking about the news, Caroline said: "I am thrilled and terrified in equal measure to be taking part."
The 'Men Behaving Badly' star was rumoured to have signed on to the show last week, alongside comedian Bill Bailey, whose appearance has not yet been confirmed by show bosses.
A source recently said: "The BBC are delighted with the double signing. Caroline is looking forward to the challenge and wants to get properly stuck in.
"It's a hard time for live performers so it seemed a good chance for Bill to commit to the show."
Swapping Olympic gold for Saturday night glitter. Boxer Nicola Adams OBE is stepping into the #Strictly ring! 🥇— BBC Strictly ✨ (@bbcstrictly) September 2, 2020
👉 https://t.co/cYNbp8FkrM @nicolaadamsobe pic.twitter.com/4BsosK7mzk
Other celebrities who have been confirmed so far include boxer Nicola Adams OBE, Radio 1 DJ Clara Amfo, Good Morning Britain presenter Ranvir Singh, singer Max George from boy band The Wanted & former American footballer Jason Bell.
Listen on the go
Download the Q Radio app to keep listening, wherever you are! It's available on Apple and Android devices.Download from the App Store Download from Google Play